Fierce - Jochebed
Main Point: Do the right thing and trust God to work it out.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Who is the toughest woman you know? Why?
- Jochebed’s name was almost lost to history. Who are some women whose names have been forgotten that have made an impact in your life?
- Who is your favorite woman in the Bible? Why?
Read: Exodus 2:1-10.
- How would things be different if Jochebed had obeyed Pharaoh’s law?
- What would the impact have been if Miriam wasn’t willing to step up and speak to Pharaoh’s daughter?
- What are some of the other options that Pharaoh’s daughter could have taken?
- Jochebed gave up Moses twice. Do you think it was easier or harder the second time? Why?
- Have you had a time where you’ve had to choose between what God says is right and what the law says is right? How did you handle that situation?
- Have you ever lost something because you followed God’s will instead of mankind’s will? Explain the situation, if you’re comfortable.
- How can ‘doing the right thing and trusting God to work it out’ make things easier in your life?
Prayer: Pray for courage and boldness to do the right thing, no matter what, even when it doesn’t seem like it will make a difference.