Fierce - Abigail
Main Point: We all need someone in our lives to check out judgment. Moreover, we can all be that person.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Who is someone who can speak truth into your life and call you out when needed?
- What are some of the components that can make things go well when someone is being called out? What are some of the components that can make things go poorly?
- What stops us from calling people out when they need to be?
Read: 1 Samuel 25:2-17.
- David reacts in anger because his pride is hurt. How do you react when your pride is hurt? Is it a time when you are open to hearing someone call you out?
- Nabal’s servant goes to Abigail to have her fix the problem. What can we learn and apply to our lives when we look at the servant going to Abigail, instead of the servant dealing with the situation?
Read: 1 Samuel 25:19-38
- Abigail saved all the males of Nabal’s line and David’s reputation because she had the courage to call David out. What are some of the things you have been able to take a step back from and re-evaluate because someone cared enough to call you on it?
- How do you approach a person when you need to call them out?
- Can anyone speak into anyone’s life to call them on their mistakes? Why or why not?
Prayer: Pray for courage to speak into a loved one’s life when it’s necessary, and the wisdom to listen when people speak into yours.