My Awkward Family - Incubating Grace
Main Point: God Put You in a Family to Help You Learn Grace.
What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are your relationships with your siblings like? If you don’t have siblings, what about parents, cousins, etc?
- Why do you think the Bible contains so many stories of dysfunctional family and sibling relationships?
- How does being in a family teach us grace?
Read: Hebrews 12:14-17.
- What does Peace mean to you?
- What does Grace mean to you?
- Is living in peace with others easy? Why or why not?
- How is living a holy life connected to living in peace with others?
- Does the way you talk about, and interact with, your family point people towards Jesus, or away from Jesus?
- Is there a balance at times between giving grace and protecting your heart? Why or why not?
- What role does accepting grace play in you being able to give grace?
- How can we prevent bitterness from growing in our hearts?
- What are we supposed to do in the situations where reconciliation is not possible, despite our efforts to live in peace?
Prayer: Pray that you will both give and accept grace.