My Awkward Family - A Mother’s Prayer
Main Point: Pray and present your child back to God.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are the when, where, and to whom of your birth?
- Share about your mother, if you’re comfortable, and about what impact she has had on your life.
- Are you comfortable with the fact that God put you in the family He wanted? Why or why not?
Read: 1 Samuel 1:11, 27-28.
- Why was it important for Hannah to pray, instead of just relying on her husband’s love?
- When you are hurting, where do you turn?
- Hannah asked for a son and promised to give him back to God. Have you ever promised to handle God’s answer in a specific way?
- What is the longest period of time that you kept asking God for an answer? Did His answer ever change? Why did you continue to ask?
- For those with children, how can you “give your children back to God”? What does that look like? For those without children, what has God given you that you can give back to Him and what does that look like?
Prayer: Pray continually. Don’t stop asking for what’s in your heart. Always use His answer to give glory back to Him.