Christmas Lights - Light Incarnate
What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
What is your favorite type of Christmas light (plain white, blinking, bubble lights, etc)?
- What are your Christmas traditions?
- Were you ever scared of the dark? Why or why not?
Read: John 1:1-9, Psalm 119:105, and Isaiah 9:1-2.
- Why do you celebrate Christmas?
- What is the purpose(s) of light? How do those purposes fit for Jesus being the Light of the world?
- How is God’s word a lamp?
- What is the longest you’ve gone without power?
- How do you imagine the Jews were feeling when the Light came into the world after God had been silent for 400 years?
- How can you be like John and testify about the Light during the Christmas season to show others Christ?
Prayer: Pray that you will not only follow the Light, but that you will also show the Light to others this Christmas season.