Good News - Hope for the Hopeless
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- How did you do with the Isaiah reading plan this past week? What can be done to encourage you to follow it, or if you have followed it, how can you be encouraged to continue?
- How do you define ‘hope’?
Read Isaiah 40:1-5.
- How do you imagine the Israelites reacting to this passage?
- What would it be like for you to receive a message from God that your sins have been paid for, your hard times are at an end, and the path forward will be straight and level?
Read Isaiah 40:28-31.
- Have you ever had a time when you are just tired and you want to call it quits in some area of your life, or at least just take a break?
- Share a time in your life where these words can be, or have been, an encouragement to you.
- Do you see yourself as some who embodies hope? Why or why not?
- How does the church do at being a place of hope?
- How can these two passages be used to encourage and provide hope to such a dark world?
Reading Plan: Read Isaiah 47-53 this week.
Prayer: Pray that you can focus on Christ and the good news that he brought this Christmas season.