Good News -Good News of Great Joy
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- If you are told, “I have good news and bad news,” which do you prefer to hear first? Why?
- If you hear the words “good news,” what comes to mind?
Read Luke 2:1-20.
- Why do you think God chose shepherds to first share the good news with?
- What do you imagine the shepherds felt when the angels shared the good news?
- The shepherds returned from meeting Jesus and spread the good news. How do you do at spreading the good news? What excuses do you come up with to avoid spreading it?
- How often do you remember to praise and glorify God for things you have heard and seen?
- How can we share the good news with others?
- Does the church do a good job of representing the hope of the good news? Why or why not?
- Do you do a good job of representing the hope of the good news? Why or why not?
Reading Plan: Read Isaiah 40-46 this week.
Prayer: Pray that you can focus on Christ and the good news that he brought this Christmas season.