The Two Adams -- The First Adam
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Have you ever had something you created (child, class project, invention, etc.) not behave or function the way that you intended? How did you handle the dysfunction?
Read Genesis 3 and 5:3-5. Read also 1 Corinthians 15:21-22 and Romans 8:20-21.
- How do you imagine God felt about the world falling apart as described in these passages and how do you imagine He feels about the current state of the world?
- Was it mercy that God kicked Adam and Eve out of the Garden? Why or why not?
- When confronted with your brokenness, how do you typically respond? Why?
- With passages like Romans 8:20-21 that talk of creation being broken, does that impact how you respond to people asking “Why?” when horrible things like earthquakes happen? Why or why not?
- How can we approach others and help them confront their own brokenness?
- Do you feel that the Church has an appropriate amount of focus placed on mankind’s brokenness? Why or why not?
Prayer: Pray that we will recognize our brokenness points us to our need for a savior.