Finding Your Way Back to God - Awakening to Love
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What comes to mind when you think of being loved?
- Share a time that you felt loved.
Read Luke 15:11-24.
- What do you think was going through the son’s mind when his father greeted him?
- Can you have love without forgiveness? Why or why not?
- Can you have forgiveness without love? Why or why not?
- If you have ever had a time in your life where you were like the son coming home, please share it if you feel comfortable.
- If you are a Christ-follower, please share a time that you knew you are a loved child of God.
- Have you had instances in your life where you were in the father’s place? Did you handle those situations like the father? Why or why not?
- How can the Church be a representative of God’s love to the children coming home to God?
Prayer: God, if you are real, make yourself real to me. Awaken in me the awareness that I am your unconditionally loved child.