Ephesians - God’s Holy Children
Main Point: In Christ, we have been chosen.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What is your typical response to things that confuse you (such as, do you try to understand? Get frustrated? Etc.)
- Share something that previously confused you but makes sense to you now. How did you come to understand it?
- What is something in the Bible that confuses you?
Read: Ephesians 1:1-14.
- What does it mean to you to be chosen and adopted by God?
- Paul writes that all things are to be brought into unity in Jesus. How does this impact how we interact with every single person we meet regardless of who they are?
- When we believe, we are marked with the Holy Spirit, meaning new and old Christians both have the same Holy Spirit. What does this mean for each Christian’s ability to understand God and speak about spiritual things?
- Why is it important that God predestined that all who follow Jesus are adopted into His family, as opposed to God predestining who it is that is adopted?
Prayer: Thank God for His willingness to adopt us into His family.