MEYOUSEX - Me, Us, and Y’all
Main Point: The Church must stop expecting outsiders to act like insiders while insiders act like outsiders.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What family traditions do you have? As you grew up, were there traditions that were hard to let go of or change?
- In what ways do we struggle to leave our old lives and follow Jesus?
- How has the Church struggled in pointing at outsiders and telling them to change while not living that way ourselves?
Read: 1 Corinthians 5:1-13
- Why does Paul say to excommunicate the man (meaning kick him out) from church?
- Have you seen one person, or a small group of people, whose actions have had a great impact on a whole church? Why is it that one person’s actions can affect so many?
- What is the draw to become a Christian when Christians look just like the world, or in comes cases, worse than the world?
- Paul says to judge those within the Church, not those who are outside of it. How has the Church done at this? How have you done at this?
- How can we show acceptance of people without giving approval to their actions?
Prayer: Pray that you can see people in God’s image.