PoV - Glory and Suffering
Main Point: Suffering and glory go together.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What comes to your mind when you think about glory and suffering? Do they go together in your mind? Why or why not?
- Share a time when suffering led to glory.
- What’s something you have wanted to achieve, but have been hesitant to put in the hard work for?
Read: Mark 9:2-11.
- Peter, James, and John see Jesus transformed into brilliantly white clothes symbolizing righteousness and hear God speak in support of Jesus. How does this fit with how they pictured the messiah?
- Peter babbles in fear about building shelters. What are some ways we respond to God’s glory in fear?
- Why could they not understand the phrase, “rising from the dead?”
- Jesus declares that he will suffer and be rejected. Does this fit with what we think of when we think of heroes in stories? Why or why not?
- How is suffering and glory going hand in hand an encouragement?
- If you are a person who has had a lot of suffering, what can help you remember that glory will eventually come?
- If you are someone who has not had much suffering, how can you help lighten the load of others?
Prayer: Pray for strength to endure suffering, and pray for courage to step up and help others who are suffering.