Contagious Generosity - What Generosity Looks Like
Main Point: Generous obedience always results in generous blessing.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Frank talked about an example of contagious generosity at a McDonald’s drive-thru where 167 people in a row paid for the meal of the people in line behind them. Share with your group about a time when you experienced something like that.
- Why do you think generosity is contagious?
Read: Genesis 12:1-5; 13:8-17; 14:19-20
- Where do you see the principle, “I will bless you … and you will be a blessing” (Genesis 12:2) at work in your own life, or in the lives of people you know?
- What role do you see generosity playing in the different life paths of Abraham and Lot?
- In terms of generosity, in what ways are you more like Abraham? In what ways are you more like Lot?
Read: Luke 19:1-10
- Luke portrays Jesus as being intentional about connecting with outcasts. What does that teach you about Jesus?
- Jesus restored Zacchaeus’ identity, which he had forfeited by collaborating with the Romans and taking advantage of his own people. In what ways do we forfeit our identity, and how does Jesu restore us?
- The main point of Sunday’s sermon was, “Generous obedience always results in generous blessing.” Where have you seen the connection between obedience and blessing you your life this week (or in the past)?
Prayer: Pray for your heart to grow more obedient!