Fruitful - Living a Life Connected with Jesus
Main Point: Connection + Cultivation = Fruitfulness.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What have you ever spent time growing/gardening/developing, etc.? What pruning was involved?
- What pruning have you had to experience in your life? What happened as a result?
Read: John 15:1-4.
- Is the idea of God cutting off the branches that don’t produce fruit scary to you? Why or why not?
- If God prunes us to make us better, does that mean that He causes all the bad things we endure? Why or why not?
- Can there be pruning that doesn’t hurt? Why or why not?
- The word used for “to prune” also means “to cleanse.” What do you think Jesus means in verse 3 when He tells the disciples they “are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you?”
- God wants us to be fruitful in all aspects of life. How do you try to be more fruitful? Are you ever frustrated when it doesn’t seem to work?
- The key to being fruitful is to remain in Jesus. How are you going to remain connected to God this week?
Prayer: Pray for the discipline to stay connected with Jesus.