My Awkward Family - Gray Haired Glory
Main Point: The best thing you can do for your grandchildren is to finish well.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- When a story has a bad ending, how does that impact the story as a whole?
- What were your grandparents like? What impact, If any, did they have on your life?
- What do you think the role of a grandparent is? Why?
Read: Deuteronomy 4:9.
- What do you do to help yourself remember what God does for you?
- What are the dangers of a generation forgetting what God has done?
- When was the last time you shared what God is doing in your life to someone younger than you (child, grandchild, spiritually younger fellow Christian, etc)? Now as practice, share with your small group something that God has done for you.
Read: Psalm 92:10-15.
- What task(s) could you see God electing you for as a grandparent or as a grandparent in God’s family?
- What are some of the “enemies of your youth” that you want God to defeat in your later years? (Or, what are some of the “enemies of your youth” that God has defeated in your later years?)
Prayer: Pray for the elderly generations to be the positive examples we need them to be.