Thriving in Babylon - They Wouldn't Bend or Bow, They Didn't Burn
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Who were you always spending time with when you were growing up? Did people have a name for your group, like Frank’s being known as The Garrett Boys?
- Do you find yourself making more mistakes when you are by yourself or with others? What is the impact of having others around?
Read: Daniel 3:1-3.
- Throughout history, people have erected monuments, such as Egypt’s pyramids. What is it about the human spirit that causes us to do this?
Read: Daniel 3:12-15.
- Do you ever feel caught between your obedience to God and some earthly authority?
- Who or what helps you choose God?
Read: Daniel 3:16-18.
- What stands out most to you about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego’s response?
- How do you think you would have responded in their situation?
- What do you find significant about the fact that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are always mentioned together, and never separately?
Read: Hebrews 10:24-25.
- What have been the biggest benefits of having community in your life?
Prayer: Give thanks for the strong relationships in your life.