The Next Chapter - Pleasing God
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What comes to mind when you think of the word “servant?”
- What chores did you do growing up as a child?
- Describe the world’s typical view of how to get ahead in life.
Read: Matthew 20:20-28 and John 13:12-17.
- Do you think it was wrong of James and John’s mother to ask that they have a place of honor? Why or why not?
- Have you ever gotten in over your head by chasing greatness?
- In what ways do you currently serve others?
- Have you ever had someone else wash your feet? How did that make you feel?
- How can you serve in a manner as lowly as washing someone’s feet in Jesus’s day?
- What keeps us from serving?
- Is there an age limit, either too young or too old, for serving? Why or why not?
- What are the negatives to serving?
- What are the benefits to serving?
- How are you going to serve this week?
Prayer: Pray for humility to have the proper attitude to serve others.