nofilter - Zacchaeus
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Have you ever met someone that completely changed your life? What was that like?
Read Luke 19:1-10.
- Why did Zacchaeus change?
- The crowd saw Zacchaeus as a sinner, but Jesus saw him as a son of Abraham. What are some of the filters that keep us from seeing people as sons and daughters of God?
- Why do we expect people to change before they decide to follow Christ?
- How does the Church do at allowing and assisting others to change after they’ve decided to follow Christ? How can the Church improve?
- In your interactions with non-Christians, do you typically push for change before they’ve actually committed to following God? Why or why not?
- Can we change people the way Jesus did? Why or why not?
- The love of Jesus accepts people as they are, but doesn’t let them stay that way. How does the idea impact your interactions with people?
Prayer: Pray that we are full of love and patience to help people find their way to God so that they can be changed by the Holy Spirit.