Peace In The Storm - Where is God When You Are Hurting?
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Share a time when your perspective changed on a situation. How did your change in perspective alter the situation for you?
Read: Psalm 77:1-14.
Have you ever asked the questions that the psalmist asks? If you feel comfortable, please share the situation.
- Do you think it angers God when we ask these questions? Why or why not?
- The psalmist, with no answer from God, finds comfort thinking on what God has done. When you are struggling with feeling abandoned by God, what past moments can you lean on to help?
- How can you help others find moments in their lives to lean on?
- Does looking at those past times when God showed up make everything better in the present? Why or why not?
Read: 2 Kings 6:13-17.
- When Elisha’s servant has his eyes opened, he sees the truth. Reality didn’t change, just his perception. Why does perception matter?
- Why is it sometimes hard to see God’s presence when we are in the midst of a storm?
- Jesus provides the example that when we are hurting and pray for God to remove the situation, it doesn’t always get better in our lifetime. How do we handle the reality that things don’t always get better in this life?
Prayer: Pray that you will remember that God is present even when we don’t feel his presence.