Finding Your Way Back to God - Awakening to Longing
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What did you get for Christmas two years ago? Do you still use it?
- What is something in your life that makes you feel fulfilled?
Read Luke 15:11-24.
- Notice that the younger son leaves in search of something after receiving great wealth. Have you had something disappoint you that you had expected to fulfill you?
- Share a time that you felt the most unfulfilled and a time that you felt the most fulfilled.
- What is the purpose of life?
Read Ephesians 2:8-10.
- How can we figure out the good works that God has laid out for us?
- What good works do you think God has laid out for you to do?
- What prevents you from accomplishing what God lays out for you?
- How can the Church help provide fulfillment and assist with accomplishing the work that God has planned for each of us?
- What does the Church do well and what does it do poorly for guiding towards fulfillment and accomplishing the work God has planned?
Prayer: Pray that God will make Himself real to you and that He will make you aware that He is what is missing from your life or that He is the one that provides fulfillment.