Fruitful - Life and Love
Main Point: The Fruit of Obedience is Love, Joy, and Friendship with God.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What bad habits have you seen develop very quickly compared to good habits that take time and discipline?
- Why do you think it is that it takes time and effort to cultivate anything that is worthwhile?
Read: John 15:9-17.
- How do we remain in Jesus’s love?
- Loving others leads to having joy. What is the impact of having joy in your life?
- We are called to love the way Jesus loves. How can we love those that seem “unlovable?”
- Since the greatest love is sacrificial love, what does that look like in a practical sense for loving the “unlovable?”
- What are the implications of being called God’s friend?
- A fruitful life and love are inseparable. What is demanded of us then, as Christians?
- Share with your group what you will start cultivating in order to remain in God better.
Prayer: Pray for the discipline to stay connected with Jesus.