Fruitful - Disciples Bear Fruit
Main Point: If you disconnect, you die.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Have you ever felt disconnected? What do you think caused it and how did you feel?
- For relationships that have faded over time, like old friends from high school, what caused the relationship to fade?
- What efforts do you make to maintain and improve friendships or family relationships that you find valuable?
- When have you felt growth in your faith? What do you think contributed to the growth? How about when have felt your faith plateau or decline?
Read: John 15:5-8.
- What is the significance and meaning to Jesus saying that we can do nothing apart from him? Does that statement fit with what we think we are capable of? Why or why not?
- Is there a difference between the branches that don’t produce fruit and are pruned off, and those that are dead from not being connected anymore to the vine and are thrown into the fire? Why or why not?
- How can Jesus’s words in verse 7 be true that we “can ask whatever we wish and it will be done for you?”
- Being fruitful isn’t about doing things and producing. It is about being present and connected to Jesus. How are you going to intentionally connect with Jesus this week?
Prayer: Pray for the discipline to stay connected with Jesus.