Ruth - Love and Loyalty
Main Point: Empathy is putting their hurt on my heart
What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What is your typical response when faced with chaos?
- What are some of the sources of chaos in your life that you’re currently facing?
Read: Judges 21:25, Ruth 1:1-7.
- Nearly everything was stripped from Naomi. Have you ever felt like you were having everything stripped away? What helped you deal with the chaos?
Read: Ruth 1:8-18.
- How do you define sympathy and empathy? What are the differences?
- Do you find yourself more often exhibiting sympathy or empathy?
- Is Orpah’s response of going back to her homeland wrong? Why or why not?
Read: Ruth 1:19-22.
- The chapter ends referencing the harvest which shows God’s love and loyalty to his people. How has God shown love and loyalty to you?
- What do you think of the idea “We need to show Jesus because we can share Jesus?” How can we live that out?
- What will you specifically do to show empathy, not sympathy, to someone this week?
Prayer: Pray for God to show His love and loyalty to you this week, and that your heart would be a heart of empathy for your fellow men and women this week.