The Core - Giving
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Have you ever entrusted something to someone that they then mishandled? How did that make you feel?
Read Psalm 24:1, 50:7-15, Luke 16:1-2 and 10-13, and 1 Corinthians 16:1-2.
- If God owns everything, why should we give to God?
- In the Luke passage, the manager is called to account for how he’s handled things. Does the idea of being called to account by God for how you’ve managed His money concern you? Why or why not?
- Paul orders the Corinthians to set aside a portion of their income. Is this a command that you follow? Why or why not?
- Other than money, what are some things that you view as yours, when in reality you should view it as God’s and manage it accordingly?
- For you, what is the hardest blessing from God to manage properly?
- How can you take steps towards viewing everything rightly as God’s?
Prayer: Pray that you will let go of the belief that you own anything and realize that it all belongs to God.