The Core - Fasting
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- When you feel overwhelmed, what do you do or where do you turn to re-center yourself?
- When you feel far from God, what do you do to draw closer?
Read Matthew 6:16-18, Zechariah 7:4-10, and Acts 13:1-3 and 14:23.
- What does fasting mean to you?
- Does fasting always involve food? Why or why not?
- Have you ever fasted before? What was it like? If you haven’t fasted before, why haven’t you?
- When you fast, you refrain from something to make more time to seek God. What is something that regularly takes too much time away from you being able to seek God?
- When people fast, God acts. Does fasting guarantee God will answer your prayers in the way you want Him to? Why or why not?
- How will you fast this week?
Prayer: Pray for the dedication to fast to seek God more fully.