#nofilter - The Rich Young Ruler
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are some of the filters you struggle with seeing people through the most? What are some of the negative filters you have been seen through before?
Read Mark 10:17-31 and John 1:14.
- Why do you think Jesus loved the rich man?
- Why do you think being rich is such a hindrance to entering the Kingdom?
- When the rich man turns away, Jesus does not pursue him. How is this similar or different from how you handle those that reject Jesus’ teachings?
- Jesus ends the passage in Mark saying, “Many who are first will be last, and the last first.” What impact does that have on how you view people?
- The verse in John describes Jesus as being full of grace and truth. Why didn’t Jesus ignore the truth of the situation and just love the rich man?
- How can we be full of both grace and truth?
- How do filters impact your ability to love?
- What are some of the most prevalent filters the Church sees the world through? How can we make progress ridding the Church of those filters?
Prayer: Pray that you will speak the truth in love.