Good News - Peace for the Distressed
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- How did you do with the Isaiah reading plan throughout this series? What can be done to encourage you to have a daily reading time? If you have followed the reading plan, how can you be encouraged to continue with your own reading plan going forward?
- What does ‘peace’ mean to you?
Read Isaiah 52:7-10.
- How do you think the Israelites would have felt hearing these words?
- Share a time that you remember someone giving you good news.
- When was the last time you felt at peace?
- What keeps you from feeling peace?
- With whatever struggle you have in your life right now, if you were told, “This conflict will not last. Peace is coming.” How would you feel or respond?
- How can we provide peace in our own lives and in the lives of those around us?
- Does the Church do a good job of providing peace? Why or why not?
Reading Plan: Read Isaiah 61-66 this week.
Prayer: Pray that you can focus the peace that Christ brings and not get caught up in the hectic holiday celebrations.