Good News - Justice for the Oppressed
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- How did you do with the Isaiah reading plan this past week? What can be done to encourage you to follow it, or if you have followed it, how can you be encouraged to continue?
- How do you define ‘justice’?
Read Isaiah 41:25-29 and Isaiah 42:1-4.
- In Isaiah 41, what is the significance of the fact that the messenger’s coming had not already been foretold?
- Does the description in Isaiah 42 match what you commonly picture when you think of someone delivering justice? Why or why not?
Read Micah 6:8.
- How do we act justly?
- How do we love mercy?
- How do we walk humbly with our God?
- Is it the church’s role to provide justice? Why or why not?
- How can we be a part of providing justice to the oppressed today?
Reading Plan: Read Isaiah 54-60 this week.
Prayer: Pray that you can focus on Christ and the good news that he brought this Christmas season.