My Awkward Family - The Dad You Wish You
Main Point: Presence is more important than Perfection.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Who is your favorite TV/book/movie dad? Why?
- What is/was your father like? What, if any, impact has he had on your life?
- Where does showing up and being present rank in importance with your family? Why?
- When was a time in your life that a father figure’s presence was more important than him being perfect?
Read: 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12.
- What is the value to you of being treated as an individual?
- How can a father properly encourage his kids?
- What does a father’s comfort look like?
- How can a father urge his children to live lives worthy of God?
- What keeps us from being present in our families’ lives? How can we be more focused on being present?
- What is the value of being present?
Prayer: Pray for the fathers of the congregation to be examples of Christ’s love and support.