Ephesians - Elevating Others
Main Point: The willingness to ask and the humility to act.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are some of your family’s house rules?
- Were there any family rules from when you were a kid that you were adamant that you would either keep or never do?
Read: Ephesians 5:21-28, 5:33-6:9.
- What is the difference to you between surrender and submit?
- Wives are called to submit, and husbands are called to love. Is there a difference in the instructions they are given? Why or why not?
- Do you think these instructions should be different in our modern culture? Why or why not?
- For children living at home, how you do submit to your parents? For parents, how do you submit to your children?
- In regards to slave and master, in what area do you struggle to see the person behind the role and not dehumanize them?
- We are all called to submit to one another, regardless of relationship. Who do you need to get better at submitting to?
- What will it take to incorporate the house rule of “the willingness to ask and the humility to act?”
Prayer: Pray for humility in order to properly submit to others.