Ephesians - Children of the Light
Main Point: Like dark and light, Christian and non-Christian are binary states.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What do you see as the biggest difference between Christians and non-Christians in regards to how they live?
- What does becoming a Christian mean to you?
Read: Ephesians 4:17-32.
- How can you “put off your old self” and “put on your new self?”
- Why must we speak truthfully?
- What are your ways of dealing with not sinning when angry? How do you handle not letting “the sun go down while you are still angry?”
- Verse 28 addresses working and not stealing. Does this verse address how we are supposed to handle people in need, such as beggars on the street corner? Why or why not?
- How would you define “unwholesome talk” (Is it specific words, attitudes, intentions, etc.)?
- What does it mean to “grieve the Holy Spirit?”
- Is there a limit to who we are called to be kind, compassionate, and forgiving to?
- If you are a Christian, do you feel like there is a difference to who you were before and after becoming a Christian? Why or why not?
Prayer: Pray that we will live as Christians, not as non-believers.