MEYOUSEX - Temple Purity
Main Point: The only sexual choice for Christians is to honor God with their bodies.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are some of the laws we break “because it isn’t hurting anybody?”
- What is something our culture allows or encourages that you struggle with because it doesn’t fit with a Christian faith? In other words, what is a guilty pleasure that you know as a Christian you should not be a part of?
Read: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20.
- What rights do you cling to that as a Christian you should not?
- Does Paul’s point of being united as one impact how you view sex and things such as porn? Why or why not?
- Paul then says that we are likewise united with God in spirit. What does this mean to you?
- What do you think of when you think of a temple?
- How does the fact that we were bought with a price and are not our own impact how you live and treat yourself and others?
- How can you honor God with your body?
Prayer: Pray that you will see yourself and others as Children of God and as current or future temples of the Holy Spirit. Pray that your actions will be impacted as a result.