MEYOUSEX - A Floodlight, not a spotlight
Main Point: Our job is to love people; the Holy Spirit’s job is to change people.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What communities have you been a part of? What were the benefits of being part of that community?
- What are the responsibilities of a member of a community?
- Do you feel like the Church is a community? Why or why not?
Read: 1 Corinthians 6:1-10.
- Paul mentions lawsuits are something that reflects poorly on the Church. What are some other things that can occur within the Church that reflect poorly on the whole community?
- Sexual sins are listed equally among many other sins. Why do you think there is typically a more negative attitude towards sexual sins?
- How do you do at recognizing that temptation is not sin?
- We have all sinned. People will often ignore or downplay their own faults while hi-lighting the sins of others. Why do we do this?
- What is the difference between a Christian and a non-Christian?
- Our job is to love people. The Holy Spirit’s job is to change people. How are you at keeping those job descriptions straight and sticking to the loving and not the judging?
Prayer: Pray that you will love all people, and leave any judgment to the Holy Spirit.