Point of View - Divorce
Main Point: The resurrection is just the beginning!
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Frank talked about surprise endings. Share with your group about an ending that surprised you.
Read: Mark 1:1; John 21:25
- Mark wrote that his Gospel was just the beginning of all that Jesus did. John wrote that it would be impossible to record all that Jesus did. Under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit they recorded certain events. Why did they choose the events they did? What is their significance?
Read: Mark 16:1-8
- Each of the Gospels records that women were the first to know that the tomb was empty. Why?
- Mark gives an interesting detail about the angel’s position in the tomb. Is there importance to where the angel is seated? If so, what is its importance?
- Mark’s Gospel ends so abruptly that, at some later date, an editor added verses 9-20. There is a lot of speculation about why it might have ended so suddenly, but assuming that the ending is intentional: why do you think the ending was so sudden?
- We’re so familiar with Jesus’ story that the resurrection isn’t much of a surprise for us. But for those in the first century, it was an earth-altering event, a stunning plot twist. Put yourself in the shoes of the eyewitnesses of the resurrection. What would your reaction have been?
- What is the effect of the resurrection for you and me? How does it change your point of view?
Prayer: Since the resurrection proves that failure isn’t final, pray that God will help you to live as an overcomer!
Action: I Love My City is coming up on April 29. Frank tells me that he has heard from only one group about the project they are undertaking. If your group had talked about a service project please communicate those details with Frank via Email.