Point of View - Pride and Sin
Main Point: Adopting Jesus’ perspective means including him in every area of life.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Have you ever had an eye test to get glasses or contacts? If not, think about simply going from a dark room into a lit room, or some such instance. Describe what it was like to suddenly be able to see properly?
- What are some common areas that you feel Christians struggle with handling from God’s point of view? Why do you think people struggle in those areas?
Read: Mark 9:33-50.
- What is your feeling towards ambition? Do your actions and beliefs line up with Jesus’s stance to be last and serve everyone?
- How do you feel about the phrase, “We’re Christians only, but we’re not the only Christians?”
- How has Christians divisiveness caused issues throughout history and still today?
- Jesus has a firm stance on sin. How is the stance that you hold similar or different from Jesus’s?
- If our point of view is supposed to match Jesus’s point of view in every area of our lives, what areas do you need to refocus? How about the books you read or movies and TV you watch, for example?
Prayer: Pray for God to open your eyes to the parts of your life that you need to approach from God’s point of view.