Ruth - Join the Family
Main Point: God’s story has the power to transform your story.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Where did you come from? What is your family legacy?
- Have you had times where you’ve thought, “If they only knew what I did,” or something similar where you actions or past made you feel like there’s no way you could belong in God’s family? If you’re comfortable, please share.
Read: Ruth 4:1-8.
- Why do you think Boaz didn’t mention Ruth at first to the other guardsman-redeemer?
- Why do you think the other guardsman-redeemer changed his mind, once Ruth was brought up?
- Have you had times where the people who are involved in a situation make you not want to involve yourself? What about the reverse where your presence kept others from wanting to participate?
Read: Ruth 4:9-22.
- Verse 13 reads that God enabled Ruth to become pregnant. How does this indicate God working behind the scenes even when we cannot see what He is doing?
- Ruth, a foreigner, is a direct ancestor of King David, and eventually Jesus. What legacy can you leave behind for those that come after you?
- How has God’s story transformed your story?
- How can you help others’ stories be changed by God’s story?
Prayer: Pray that you will allow God’s story to change your story, and remember that He is in control.