Ruth - Step Boldly, Walk Faithfully
Main Point: Courage propels, Integrity protects.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What is something that you have personally anticipated and looked forward to?
- As a society, what are some of the things that we look forward to collectively?
Read: Ruth 3:1-9.
- Why do you think Naomi sent Ruth, instead of going herself?
- How did Naomi show courage in her actions and instructions?
Read: Ruth 3:10-18.
- In verse 11, Boaz states that the entire town knows Ruth is of noble character. What impact do you think her integrity has on her actions and Boaz’s response to them?
- Now that Naomi and Ruth have both acted with courage, Naomi says it is now time to wait for Boaz to act. How can we find the balance of when we are supposed to act and when we are to wait for others to act?
- What role does your integrity play in being able to take a step in courage? Is your integrity known well enough, like Ruth, that it will help you, or will it hinder you?
- Where can you take step forward with courage this week?
Prayer: Pray for courage to step out in faith and trust God. Pray that you keep your integrity as you act.