My Awkward Family - Your Forever Family
Main Point: The family of God isn’t like a family. It is a family.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What does family mean to you?
- Do you have, or have you had, any “voluntary kin” in your life, meaning people who are not blood-related but are considered family? Share about those relationships?
Read: 1 Timothy 1:2, Colossians 1:2, and 1 John 3:2.
- Why do you think the authors use family terms to refer to their readers?
- Do you think of your fellow Christians as brothers and sisters? Why or why not?
Read: Matthew 12:46-50, Luke 14:26, and Mark 10:29-30.
- How does becoming a Christian make you a member of the family of God?
- Since our fellow Christians are our family, how does that impact how we interact with them? Why?
- Where is the balance between prioritizing the family of God and other family? What are the positives and negatives of focusing on each of them?
- Which family comes first? Why?
Prayer: Pray for your family.