Thriving In Babylon - Finishing Well
What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
When was a time you didn’t finish well (a race, a class, a trip, etc.)?
- Have you ever watched a movie or TV show or read a book, and you loved it right up until the end, but the ending was horrible? How did the ending impact your feelings about the whole story?
Read: Daniel 6:1-10.
- Do you know anyone whose legacy is one that says, “The only way we can get them in trouble is if we make a law that conflicts with their faith?”
- When you look at the legacy you will leave behind, what are somethings that you could get tripped up on? Would the same claim that was made about Daniel apply to you?
- What Is Daniel’s response to the law that is passed? How does his response help to inform our decisions when laws conflict with our faith?
Read: Daniel 6:16-28.
- Daniel had peace because he knew his identity was a follower of God, no matter what his circumstances were. How can that identity help you to finish well?
- What was the immediate impact of Daniel’s enduring faith?
- Who are some of the examples in your life that have either finished well, or not so well? How did the way they finished affect your opinion of them?
- Does the way you finish frame your entire faith story? Why or why not?
- Who do you have in your life now that will be impacted by whether or not you finish well? Are you currently living in a way that will help you finish well?
Prayer: Pray for endurance to run the race of life faithfully and to finish well.