All Access - Access to Power
Main Point: When Your Will Power Runs Out, You Have Access to His.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What is something you had to wait for, but you gave in to the temptation and had it when you shouldn’t have? How about something you waited until the right time for? Which was more satisfying? Why?
- What are some of the excuses we give to ourselves when we are tempted, so we can try and lessen the guilt? Why doesn’t knowledge of the consequences always stop us from sinning?
Read: Hebrews 4:14-16.
- Jesus was tempted in every way that we are. Think about the temptations you struggle with. Which ones do you have a hard time believing Jesus was tempted by? Why?
- What difference, if any, does it make that Jesus empathizes and understands our temptations?
Read: Romans 8:11.
- What does it mean to have the Spirit of God living in you?
- If we have the Holy Spirit, which is God, and Jesus, who is God, did not sin, what is the hope then for what we can do?
- When we fail, how can we approach God with Jesus as our high priest?
- When your will power is weak, how can you tap into His?
Prayer: Pray that you rely on Jesus’ will power instead of trying to go it alone.