Thriving in Babylon - Lower the Proud, Exalt the Humble
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- When was a time that you exhibited too much pride?
- What are the positives and negatives of pride?
- How is God lowering the proud an act of love?
Read: Daniel 4:1-3, 19, and 24-25.
- Nebuchadnezzar’s attitude is very different now than when we last left him. How well do you do at believing people have changed when they present a new worldview?
- Why do you think Daniel was hesitant to tell the king what the dream meant?
- Daniel tells the king that he will receive back his kingdom when he learns that Heaven rules. Have you experienced anything similar where the pieces of your life are put back in place only when you acknowledge God’s rule?
Read: Daniel 5:20-30.
- What is the difference between Nebuchadnezzar and Belshazzar?
- What is your pride getting in the way of?
- When has your humility allowed you to see God act?
- How would things be different if the Church was known to be a place of humble people? How could we make a difference?
Prayer: Pray for humility