The Next Chapter - Leaving a Legacy
What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
Share a time that you tried to imitate someone else (impressions, mannerisms, etc) and/or about someone imitating you, such as a younger sibling.
- Think about a coach, teacher, or mentor at work. What did they do well or not so well to teach you and help you learn?
Read: Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, 2 Timothy 2:2, and 1 Corinthians 4:16-17.
- If you have been baptized and are a Christ-follower, who do you credit as being responsible for leading you to becoming a Christ-follower?
- Who has discipled, or is discpling, you?
- What prevents us from making efforts to disciple others?
- Would you want someone to imitate your lifestyle? Why or why not?
- Name some good ideas, methods, or approaches to keep in mind when making an effort to disciple someone.
- Do you think discipling someone has an end point? Why or why not?
- Who do you have in your life who you can help write the next chapter in their faith story?
Prayer: Pray for courage and wisdom in your efforts to help others write the next chapter in their faith story.