Thriving in Babylon - Faith Overcomes Fear
What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
Share a time or situation that you had no control over what happened.
- When life spins out of control, what is your first reaction?
Read: Daniel 2:1-11.
- God uses this situation for the Babylonian wise men to declare that only a god can accomplish what the king is asking, therefore starting to pave the way for God to be glorified. Have you experienced a time when God uses non-believers to display His glory?
Read: Daniel 2:12-28
- When the soldiers come for Daniel, he asks for time and prays. How do you imagine yourself responding in such a situation?
- God answers Daniel’s prayer and reveals the dream and interpretation to him. Share a time that God answered your prayer.
Read: Daniel 2:46-47.
- Even after God gave Daniel the answer, he still needed to be brave enough to go and tell the king. Nebuchadnezzar responded favorably to Daniel’s words and bowed to God. If the king had not responded well to Daniel, would it still have been the right thing for Daniel to do?
- Have you allowed fear to prevent you from doing what is right?
Read: Romans 13:1.
- God places authorities where He wants them, but He is still Sovereign. When was the last time that you prayed for those in authority, instead of just complained about them?
Prayer: Pray for those God has placed in authority positions, and pray that we remain faithful to God and allow Him to show us the way to act towards them.