The Next Chapter - Imitating the Master
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- How does history repeat itself?
- What does it take for a story to be forgotten?
- What is something that you follow?
- What do you devote yourself to? What are you a disciple of?
Read: Matthew 4:18-22, Luke 5:11, Luke 18:28, and 1 Corinthians 11:1.
- Do you think there’s any significance to some of the disciples being called in pairs, while some are called individually? Why or why not?
- James and John are specifically stated as leaving their father to follow Jesus. What has following Christ cost you? What have you given up to follow Christ?
- Peter states that they have left everything to follow Christ. Could you leave everything? Why or why not?
- Who do you have in your life that you can look to and see them modeling Christ to help show you the way to be a disciple?
- Who do you have in your life that you can be a mentor for and show them how to be a disciple?
Prayer: Pray that you will be devoted to following Christ and being His disciple.