The Next Chapter - Spending Time with God
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Who do you talk to the most? How often and for how long do you talk to them?
- Can you tell when someone isn’t really engaged in the conversation you’re having? How does that make you feel?
- What do you think of when you think of praying/prayer?
Read: Matthew 14:23, Mark, 1:35, Luke 6:12, and Philippians 3:8-11.
- How often do you pray? What prayer habits have you developed?
- What are some of the times in your life when you asked, “What does God want in this situation?” or thought, “I wish I knew what God wants me to do”? How was your prayer life during those times?
- Why do we struggle to pray?
- Paul expresses in Philippians that knowing Christ is so good that everything else in life is like garbage. Do you agree based on how your relationship is with Christ? Why or why not?
- Pick a time daily that you will commit to praying. When will you pray? How will your small group keep you accountable?
Prayer: Pray. Daily.