Socks and Underwear - Unexpected Gift
Main Point: Hope sometimes comes in ugly packaging.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Is there a Christmas where you received a gift that disappointed, or one where the packaging did not match the contents?
- What is the oddest gift you’ve ever received?
Read: John 1:1, Luke 2:7
- What surprises you about these two very different accounts of Jesus coming to earth?
- If you were planning the birth of God’s son, what would you have done differently? Why do you think God made his entrance into this world the way he did?
Read: Hebrews 4:15-16
- God wants to identify with our struggles and challenges. What are some of the struggles that you have that Jesus had, and how does knowing that help you?
Read: Philippians 2:5-7
- Where do you see God’s love in this passage?
- How can you reflect Jesus’ humility and attitude of service this Christmas?
- Where are some places that you’ve been able to find hope despite the ugly way it might have been packaged?
Prayer: Pray for people that you know who need hope this Christmas, and for your ability to demonstrate hope to them.