Socks and Underwear - Gift Returned
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What is a gift that you received that really surprised you?
Read: John 1:10-13
- What is a great adoption story that you know of? Maybe it is your own, or maybe it is someone in your family.
- What is it about adoption that makes it so special?
- When a child is adopted, the family goes to the courthouse for a special proceeding in front of a judge. Your “adoption ceremony” as a Christian took place when you trusted Jesus and were baptized. Share your Christian “adoption story” with the people in your group.
Read: Galatians 4:4-5
- Frank said on Sunday that we should receive the gift of God’s Son gratefully, humbly, and joyfully. Why do you think Christmas, especially, brings up those feelings in us?
- What is your response when you receive an amazing gift that is totally undeserved?
- The difference between wages and gifts is that wages are earned and gifts are undeserved. What is your response to Jesus, as God’s amazing, undeserved gift?
Prayer: Pray That your life reflects the gratitude, humility and joy that should be ours as recipients of the most amazing gift ever: Jesus!