Socks and Underwear - Gift Returned
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What is your worst gift returning experience? Maybe a bad customer service experience or a weird gift that was awkward to return. Or maybe a gift that you gave that you later found out was returned.
Read: John 1:10-11
- Try and imagine yourself living in first century Israel. Do you think you would have recognized and received Jesus or not?
- The Romans in Jesus’ day rejected him as the Son of God because they rejected the children of God (the Jews). Do you know people who have rejected Jesus because of experiences they’ve had with His followers? How did you act in that situation?
- Are there times when you’ve struggled with rejecting Jesus or the church because of the Christians you know? How did you work through that?
- The Jews in Jesus’ day rejected Jesus as Messiah because He wasn’t the kind of Savior they expected. Are there times when you’ve felt let down by Jesus? What did you do in that situation?
Read: John 14:2-3
- Jesus didn’t come to earth to save you from unemployment or disease or poverty or pain. He came to save you from hell. How does this challenge the way you view Him as Savior?
- How can you and I help people who reject Jesus because of His followers? How can we help people who reject Jesus because He wasn’t the Messiah they were hoping for?
Prayer: Pray to have compassion and patience with people who have obstacles that stand between them and faith in Jesus.