Identity - Who Am I?
Main Point: The identity that matters most is the one you will have the longest.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- What are some of your identities? Of those, which one is your favorite?
- How can our different identities be helpful? How can they be harmful?
- Have you experienced any challenges from having your identities clash with one another?
Read: Genesis 1:27.
- We were created in God’s image. What does that mean?
- God saw that it was not good for man to be alone. What are the benefits of living in a community? Have you ever had particularly good times due to community, or likewise, had particularly hard times due to not being in community?
- We were created as male and female, so we have differences. How is it beneficial being different, and how can it be a challenge?
- Sin is, essentially, acting in a way that does not properly represent our identity as a child of God. How does this impact your view of what sin is?
- Do you believe that you are a child of God? Why or why not?
- Do you believe that everyone else has the chance to accept their true identity as a child of God? Does your life reflect this belief?
Prayer: Pray that you would remember your true identity as a child of God, and let that impact your daily living.