Identity - What is My Purpose?
Main Point: Your core identity determines where you belong, not the other way around.
- What’s one idea from the message that stood out to you? Why do you think it grabbed you?
- Has there been a time in your life when you struggled to understand life’s meaning and/or your purpose?
- What are some ways in your past that you have tried, but failed, to make sense of life’s purpose?
Read: 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
- Paul wrote that he “stopped evaluating others from a human point of view.” What are some ways that we evaluate others from a human point of view?
- Paul describes someone who has become a Christian as “a new creation” in verse 17. How does that affect how we view ourselves? How does it affect the way we should view others?
- God reconciled the world to himself through Jesus. Jesus uses you and I to reconcile the world to God, too. God has given us “this wonderful message of reconciliation.” What are some of the ways that we communicate that message?
- Paul writes that we are “Christ’s ambassadors”? An ambassador does not speak from himself or herself. How should your speech reflect that?
- An ambassador represents the interests of his or her sovereign. How should your actions reflect that?
- What are some practical ways you can act as a faithful ambassador in your neighborhood? In your workplace? In your school?
Prayer: Pray for opportunities to engage in community and to bring others along